Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was started in the year 2008 along with the college Navodaya Institute of Technology under the leadership of great educationist Sri S.R Reddy Chairman Navodaya Education Trust (NET) Raichur. The department offers undergraduate degree programme of B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering & postgraduate degree programme of M.Tech in digital communication and networking. Under the UG programme, the sanctioned student intake is 60 and under the PG programme the sanctioned student intake is 18. Students are admitted in two streams, first being the Government aided stream through CET and second is the self-supporting stream.
To excel in education and research field of Electronics & Communication Engineering, thereby creating well-disciplined and competent engineers who will be providing service to the society and mankind.
To create and develop qualified and competent technical professionals by training the students with a strong background on basic engineering principles, innovative technical skills and exemplary professional conduct to be utilized for the betterment of the society.
Studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering will lead to potential careers in the Power industry, Robotics, Process industry and Bio-engineering. Career opportunities are also found in the Telecommunication industry, Mining and Transport sector, Computer industry, transmission industries and small innovative private specialists.
Aim of the Course:
To create professional electrical and electronic engineers, who can serve in the fields of core electrical engineering, information and communication systems and other related fields.
Programme Educational Objectives.
- Students are trained to meet the future global challenges and to inculcate the quest for modern technologies in the emerging areas. Students and staff are motivated towards research, leading to innovative projects.
- Quality technical education is imparted to produce industry-ready engineers, which help in producing future leaders with cohesive teamwork. Entrepreneurial skill is developed among students for overall societal exaltation. The students and staff design and conduct innovative experiments.
All circuits, analytical, algorithmic and design oriented subjects and their associated
- tutorial classes, tests and examinations will help the students to develop analytical skills for solving engineering problems.
- Language and seminar Hours, Subjects on Professional Ethics and Industrial management will develop communication skills and inculcate moral ethics among students.
- Paper Presentation, Lab Assignments, Mini-Projects and in-house Final Year Projects will motivate the students to solve issues within realistic constraints and engage in lifelong learning.
- Faculties monitor students’ progress on a regular basis through “Mentoring”.
For the faculty in the department of ECE, teaching is more of a passion than profession. We not only create well-educated students, but make them also acquire awareness about the changing world scenario in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
The Department has highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculties, aiming at achieving a balance between depth of knowledge acquired through specialization and breadth of knowledge gained through exploration.
Strengths of the Department in laboratories.
The department has state-of-the-art laboratory facilities to infuse practical knowledge to the students on par with academic excellence. The department addresses the growing needs and aspirations and provides additional opportunities to younger generation in meeting the demands of the Industry. Some of the important facilities are listed.
- Well equipped computer laboratories with latest systems and networked.
- Basic communication lab equipped with trainer kits for analog and digital modulation techniques, digital oscilloscopes, and function generators.
- Two circuit based laboratories with 18 experimental benches each equipped with modern CRO’s, function generators, power supplies.
- Advanced communication lab equipped with Test bench setup for study of Microwaves, Digital oscilloscopes, Antenna set-up with different antenna’s, high frequency microwave devices, and optical communication link set-up.
- Microprocessor and microcontroller lab with 30 modern computer systems and software’s like Keil, MASM. Microprocessor and microcontroller trainer kits with hardware interfacing kits,
- Digital laboratories with digital trainers, digital oscilloscopes and IC testers.
- VLSI and HDL lab with 30 modern computer system and software’s like micro wind, Xilinx. The lab is well equipped with FPGA / CPLD interfacing kits.
- Power electronics lab well equipped with CRO’s, Trainer kits, Transformers, Digital Tachometer.
In-house project lab facility for conducting advance research projects with Licensed MATLAB software, Signal Processing kits (TMS6713), FPGA kits(Spartan),function generators, power supply, digital oscilloscopes.
association of Electronics and Communication Engineering Department is a forum
where students are encouraged to the maximum to exhibit talents in co-curricular activities and activities like Debate, Group Discussion, Mock interviews, Technical Quiz, and Aptitude tests etc., at regular intervals. By this students gain confidence to face interviews in the future. Eminent people in their field of specialization are invited to deliver guest lectures regularly. We also publish a Newsletter Genesis two issues a semester which encourages students to write technical articles & more. ECE Department Association conducts project expo every year so as to exhibit and share the talents of our students in their project work among themselves as well as to their juniors.
- All india GATE rank of 93rdand 4000 achieved in GATE-2014
- Students of the department are part of college team which has got second place (Runner ups) in the University state level football tournament during 2015
- Alumni pursuing higher studies (MS/MBA) at Australia, Germany, etc.
- Alumni pursuing higher studies at IITs
- Students placed in various industries through campus recruitment/pool campus from VTU,and recruitment drive and placed in esteemed MNC’s like IBM, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, BOSCH, Kirloskar and MPHASYS etc.,
- The department has the credit of best outgoing student of the college for 2013 and 2014.
New Initiatives and progressive activities
- To achieve 100% results in university exam, the tutor classes are incorporated for the slow learning students
- To achieve 100% placements and to impart broad based knowledge and professional skills to all the students through SKET programmes
- To set up R&D centres and centre of excellence laboratories in various field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- The department has conducted Faculty Development Programme in 2015.
- The department is planning to organize National and International conferences, at regular intervals.
- To promote entrepreneurship and leadership qualities for the students the department is planning to conducts personality development programmes.
The field of Electrical & Communication Engineering (ECE) is the place to be in for those who love electrical systems ranging from heavy power generators to the smallest of micro-chips. This department infuses the design, manufacture, installation, operation and management of electrical systems that strengthen modern economies and contribute to improving the quality of life. The ECE department at NIT prepares students in this field using new-age information and computer –intensive technologies.
The B.E. (E.C.E.) degree program is designed to achieve a balance between depth of knowledge acquired through specialization and breadth of knowledge gained through exploration.